Marquell Hunter is the Change Enablement Manager at Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. She sees how deskless workers aren’t represented largely enough in an organization when it comes to the planning phase and wants to make sure their voice is heard. She joins host Justin Lake to talk about some of the issues facing frontline workers and how they can be overcome.
- The biggest issue facing frontline workers is representation in the organization. They don’t always get a seat at the table during the planning phase.
- Adoption is key. You want to make sure that when you introduce technology changes that you make it so that everyone will want to use it and make it easy to learn as well.
- Your employer is really the one who determines what the division is between communication and learning and development.
- There are plenty of different types of frontline workers, and each of them face issues that are unique to their department and how you can reach them.
- The change network is the best tool to make sure that you are getting representation across business units or countries.
- You want to make sure that you aren’t surprising people when you begin to roll out new changes.
- Good change agents should model the behavior that they are looking to implement in an organization.
Quote of the show
6:13 “Adoption is key. We roll out something for a certain reason, to impact the bottom line, to improve morale, to improve the focus of the employee. And they don't adopt it. That's a key reason why I am focused on change management now, because I've seen from the technology aspect and from the communications aspect, we put a lot of thought and effort into things and they just don't hit. They don't resonate with anyone.”
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marquell-hunter-01907758/
- Company Website: https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/2f4ecd92-6468-4769-b0bf-254e236510b7/FRONTLINE-INNOVATORS
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/frontline-innovators/id1572329402
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/29m3wnK8pbFjdSvJ9wjmyS
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/frontline-innovators
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZnJvbnRsaW5laW5ub3ZhdG9ycy5jb20vZmVlZC54bWw
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/-QU-Mz6Xs5Q